Family Photos Viewing
Who said you should never work with animals and children? I think most people enjoyed having their dog in the family photo, at times it was a little stressful (mainly for the family) but I think there were some excellent photos taken. Thank you to all the families who participated in this fundraiser. Just a reminder, viewing day is Wed 26th Oct from 6 – 8pm (the photo with this post is cute, but came from the internet)
Stay Proofing Master Class
This Wednesday October 26th at 7pm, instead of Rally-O is a master class on proofing stays, that is how to make your dog stay for longer or more reliably with distractions.
Whilst of most use to those at novice and above level, the techniques are generally applicable. Even if your dog is not at the level to use this information he will be at some point in the future, so feel free to come along without your dog and see how the experts do it.
TDTC is a volunteer run, not for profit club, founded in 1995 to address the need within the community to provide obedience training for dogs.
We offer a graduated training program. This allows you and your dog to progress at your own speed in a fun, supportive environment.
Classes are held for the owner who would like a well-behaved companion or those interested in competing in events such as flyball, agility, rally obedience and obedience trialing.
- To provide you with the skills and techniques to train your dog to be a well mannered, social companion.
- For your dog to develop into a trained obedience dog who will meet you and your family’s needs, as well as those of our wider community. A canine companion you can be proud of.
Your instructor will guide you through our Clicker Training program which uses positive reinforcement to teach your dog the rights and wrongs in their behaviour. The result will be a happy dog, happy handler and a very happy household.
Club Membership ($20 Discount for dogs who have attended Puppy School!)
Your annual Club membership allows you to:
- attend up to five, eight-week training sessions per year (if you are doing the obedience course); with each session having a one hour weekly obedience class;
- have full use of the fully fenced club grounds and facilities;
- receive professional support for you and your dog in your training; and
- have the opportunity to socialise your dog in a safe, fun environment where you can meet other club members and receive invites to all club activities.
Our training is also suitable for members who wish to continue on to obedience trialing
Obedience Classes for dogs 3 months and over
One hour obedience classes are held every Sunday between 9.00 – 11.00am and Tuesday between 7.00 – 9.00pm at the Club grounds in Greenway. Our classes are small with generally only 6-10 dogs and handlers per class.
Why not try our Trial and Dog Sport Classes … just for fun or compete in dog trials / competitions
There are lots of different organisations offering dog training. Why is it worth joining a dog club?
Our instructors are required to have successfully completed our instructor training program.
The Club House is open during training sessions with access to toilets and the Club Store – for all your essential training products from leads to training pouches.
Our fully fenced training grounds and exercise/socialising yards are available for club members use. These areas are also available out of hours.