***TRAINING SUSPENSION EXTENDED***
As per directions from the government, the suspension of training at TDTC has been extended. We are hoping to resume classes in mid June; pending relaxation of the current COVID-19 social distancing measures.
We will post an update closer to the time (around Monday 25 May) to confirm (or otherwise) that classes will resume. Rest assured that all memberships will be extended to cover the time lost due to the COVID-19 shutdown period.
Don’t forget that, as a current member, you are able to use the grounds to exercise your dogs (noting that the main area is for training only). If you do come to the TDTC grounds, please ensure you adhere to the current social distancing rules:
• remain at least 1.5 metres away from other people (other than people in your household)
• practise good hygiene (including washing your hands often and avoid touching your face)
• avoid public gatherings
• go to the ACT Government website for more information www.covid19.act.gov.au.
Visit our facebook page for links to interesting articles and training tips.
Until we see you again in person, stay safe and take care.
TDTC is a volunteer run, not for profit club, founded in 1995 to address the
need within the community to provide obedience training for dogs.
We offer a graduated training program. This allows you and your dog to
progress at your own speed in a fun, supportive environment.
Classes are held for the owner who would like a well-behaved companion
or those interested in competing in events such as flyball, agility, rally obedience and obedience trialing.
To provide you with the skills and techniques to train your dog to be a well mannered,
social companion. For your dog to develop into a trained obedience dog who will meet
you and your family’s needs, as well as those of our wider community. A canine
companion you can be proud of.
Your instructor will guide you through our Clicker Training program which uses positive reinforcement to teach your dog the rights and wrongs in their behaviour. The result will be a happy dog, happy handler and a very happy household.
Club Membership ($20 Discount off the joining fee for new memberships if your dog has attended Puppy School!)
Your annual Club membership allows you to:
- attend up to five, eight-week training sessions per year (if you are doing the obedience course); with each session having a one hour weekly obedience class;
- have full use of the fully fenced club grounds and facilities;
- receive support from experienced instructors for you and your dog in your training; and
- have the opportunity to socialise your dog in a safe, fun environment where you can meet other club members and receive invites to all club activities.
Our training is also suitable for members who wish to continue on to obedience trialing
Obedience Classes for dogs 3 months and over
One hour obedience classes are held every Sunday between 9.00 – 11.00am and Tuesday between 7.00 – 9.00pm at the Club grounds in Greenway.
Why not try our Trial and Dog Sport Classes … just for fun or compete in dog trials / competitions
There are lots of different organisations offering dog training. Why is it worth joining a dog club?
Our instructors are required to have successfully completed our instructor training program.
The Club House is open during training sessions with access to toilets and the Club Store – for all your essential training products from leads to training pouches.
Our fully fenced training grounds and exercise/socialising yards are available for club members use. These areas are also available out of hours.