To ensure the efficient running of training sessions the committee has developed the following rules:
- All dogs are to be kept on the lead at all times during training sessions, except when given permission to work off lead in class.
- Dogs that are tethered / tied up should only be approached with the owner’s permission.
- Bitches in season are not to be brought on to the club grounds at any time.
- Dogs must, as a minimum, have current immunisation against distemper, canine hepatitis and parvovirus before attending classes.
- A dog suffering from any illness or skin problems, is not to be brought to classes until a vet has pronounced the condition non-contagious.
- Handlers must remove their dog’s excreta from the club grounds and environs and place it in bins. Bags are provided.
- Instructors have authority over their classes and may ask a member to take their dog out of a class if it is disruptive.
- Club membership is only open to people 11 years old and over.
- The club is a smoke-free environment.
- Club members are responsible at all times for the behaviour of their children, whilst on club grounds.
- Handlers are to use only approved club training methods when training on club grounds. Mistreatment of dogs during training sessions will not be tolerated (and may result in removal from class and withdrawal of training privileges).
- During training sessions, handlers must not run with dogs except when under instruction.
- Dogs must be supervised at all times while on club grounds.
- Training fees entitle handlers to attend only one training session per week, for each activity that they’ve enrolled in.
COVID SAFETY PLAN
A COVID safety plan for our return to training is available via the following link.
COVID Safety Plan
If you are unwell and/or are experiencing any of the symptoms associated with COVID-19, we ask you not attend training.
Masks are no longer mandatory, but please continue to observe social distancing and practice hand hygiene. Bottles of sanitiser will be available across the grounds.